Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Amsterdam


Ok, so it's coming together!


Arrived at 6:00 am Amsterdam time this morning after a 8 hour flight in (cough) first class (cough)... Dude, rich people got it made! I was able to recline my seat into a bed when I pleased, there were two full meals, video games, movies and what ever the hell else you wanted; thank god for parents with connections.


Amsterdam is neat, the weather reminds me of Portland actually. The area is real flat and the city has all these amazing canals. The city forwardly destroys Portland in the amount of bicyclists... flat out, and they are all old junky cruiser and comfort style bikes; essentially no one I have seen has a fancy bike.


The people thus far seem a bit on the less friendly side, but you would think being from the hipster capital of the US I would be used to that. They seem to know immediately that you are an American, I assume that is part of the cool shoulder. Can you blame them though really? not this chap, I hate people from my country for the most part also; you have to admit, we are mostly douche bags.


Currently sitting at the Amsterdam Library, this place is dope as fuck. First of all, how great is it that people still use libraries here! I mean, I know we have one in Portland, but I don't know where it is...


Later today, Van Gough...


Later my people,

-Matthew

1 comment: