Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Milan




I arrived in Milan after a long failed day of hitch hiking, only to decide that, I don't want to be in Milan. 

I had previously disregarded the idea of a train from Genoa to Barcelona because of the price, 130 Euro!! No way dude, hence the brilliant idea to swoop on a car ride. However, now that I am standing in Milan, tired, no place to stay and about to spend 40 euro for a shit hotel and still a spendy train ride to anywhere? That 130 to Barcelona is starting to sound awesome.

Back to the train station, "There are no more trains to Barcelona. you can go to Paris, but you will have to wait until the train gets here because I can not sell you the ticket' (don't ask me why, its just fucked) 

Ok so I wait 4 hours for the train to get in at 11pm, it's an 9 hour train ride to Paris. The conductor at first says, nope this train is full, you're not getting on. I wanted to cry... fuck me GET ME OUT OF MILAN!! But alas, he tucked me away in a sleeper cab, so not only did I get to go to Paris, but I got to sleep at the same time.

So I do not have much to tell you about Milan, except that the train station seemed huge, the internet was expensive, the shitty one star hotels were 40 Euro a night and the restaurant that I went to did not give me bread.

But, here is what internet says about Milan  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milan

1 comment: