Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Genoa




Hmm, Genoa, is nice?

This is big difference from Cinque Terra, a much bigger city first of all, in fact everything here seemed bigger, resulting in a belittled feeling. Giant and confused architecture. At times It did not seem as though this city could decide what it wanted to be, a fucked up person; duplicitous and confused, similar to myself I suppose.

One turn in this city and you were at the doorstep of something amazing, the next step, a seedy back ally as narrow as arms length and buildings tall enough to block out almost all sun, then the next turn giant fused buildings torn from one era to the next. 




I booked a place in this town, a single room for once, I needed some time to myself. I stayed at some sort of bed and breakfast with a nice couple who had two kids. They were engulfed in some online video game the entire time I was there, so sadly the internet time I was looking for in this town was negated by an italian adolescent addiction to virtual life.

This is a town between worlds, escaped from time and walking on a dream. 




I wanted to head to Barcelona, so the next morning I spent five hours on the "Autostrade" trying to hitch hike to Barcelona... No luck, which is not what I wanted, so? Milan!! keep it loose kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment